This week’s post was written as much for myself as it was for you.
And it helped me to actually do what I recommend you to do!
Just so you don’t imagine that I have all this clothes stuff perfectly in hand, I want you to know how easy it is for us to fall for the seductive allure of new clothes. While I truly know that it’s better to have fewer clothes and to spend wisely, I recently bought a new top.
I had no intention of buying any new clothes (as I have more than enough already), but I was in a certain chain store that I like, legitimately buying food, when I decided to take ‘a quick look’ at what was on offer in the clothes section.
This is obviously a foolish move as, just like you, I’m not immune to lovely new things in lovely colours for the lovely new summer season…sigh.
I can hardly believe myself sometimes
So I found a top that I really liked the look of and, again, foolishly, I took the next step and tried it on. I was then enticed by the fact that I thought I looked nice in it – so I then, even more foolishly, went ahead and bought it. In the cold light of day, I now realise that I took leave of my senses because it was expensive, as well as completely unnecessary because I already have one that’s quite similar.
This little episode has reminded me of how we can all get caught up in the atmosphere of the season, the constant bombardment of attractive new clothes – and the temptation to spend money unwisely.
The good news, however, is that I mostly take my own advice.
And, as I always remind you – and now remind myself:
- Please learn from my mistakes and don’t go wandering through clothing stores ‘on the off-chance’ (what was I thinking?) or ‘wandering’ through online shopping stores
- Please don’t try things on ‘just-in-case’ (this is dangerous)
- Please don’t spend money on things you don’t need (like me)
- Please keep the sales slips and then try on your new purchases when you get home to see them in your own environment
- Please check to see if you already have something similar, so you’re not wastingmoney
- And please return unnecessary purchases when you realise, as I did, that you’ve been unwise!
I will be returning the top today 🙂
Join my newsletter!
Subscribe to get the latest content by email.